Sunday, August 12, 2012

LISTS!
Ok, this just came to me and I have to have to HAVE TO write it down xD
These are lists of my favorite things, media-wise.
Movies:
1. "Megamind"
It's a kids' movie. So what? I freaking love it
2. "Titanic"
I'm a romantic.
3. "Legally Blonde"
Proud to be blonde :)
4. "Katy Perry: Part Of Me"
I must make my anti-Katy Perry mother see this movie and convince her that Katy Perry DOES have brains and real talent.
5. "Ice Age 3"
Once again, a kids' movie, but this one is HILARIOUS.
Books:
1. "Divergent" by Veronica Roth
If you like the Hunger Games, Uglies, Matched, and all of those other dystopian books you'll love this one, but it's unique because there a) is no love triangle and b) the MC is against the rebellion.
2. "House of the Scorpion" by Nancy Farmer
This one involves some thinking, and even though it was a required read in my case, it's a great book. Also futuristic-dystopian-ish, but not in the same way that the aforementioned books are.
3. "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld
Stereotypically dystopian, but still a great read. Also involves some thinking, but not as deep as #2.
4. "Art Geeks and Prom Queens" by Alyson Noel
Realistic fiction, but I still adore it :) I haven't quite finished it yet, but it's really good so far.
5. "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan
I absolutely LOVE these books. They're humorous, but not too humorous on the backdrop of the possible end of the world. Fans of Egyptian mythology will eat it up. In my opinion, Riordan's best work.
If this list were to go on, it would include Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, etc but they're not my ABSOLUTE favorites like these 5.
Songs
1. "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd
I absolutely love the attitude of this song, so upbeat and energetic!
2. "I'm Just A Girl" by No Doubt
On the annual road trip, I listened to this song over...and over...and over again.
3. "Fearless" by Taylor Swift
There's just something about this song!
4. "Fireflies" by Owl City
I love the tune, feel, and lyricism of this song. This one's another uplifting one.
5. "E.T." by Katy Perry
Have you ever read the "I Am Number Four" books? Well, this is what I'd imagine Sarah singing to John.
-LiveOutLoud-

No comments:

Post a Comment